Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Crests and Troughs


Feb 23 2010
So here I am finally starting to write something of a blog. I have always disliked the word blog- sounded like some fat stinky flotsam in a sewer. OK, I am being unfair, but that’s what it sounded like. At first. Now it’s a noun, a verb and an adjective. It is a way of life. So, here I am, growing warmer and fonder of the idea and embracing it.

There is of course another reason. One needs motivation to write something. Something interesting , something that keeps you attentive. People write about food, about movies and some just about themselves. I’d love to write about everything, but I haven’t got the time. And to be honest, my life is not as exciting as I’d like to think and the drive to write about any given event vapourizes the moment the event is over.
Such is the mind set of the typically attention and perseverance-deficit adult. Now what has changed one may wonder. Well, to put it simply, I find myself on the crest of the constant undulation of poundage I have always experienced with a time period of 4-6 months, not irregular given that my adiposity is by no means an abrupt or unseen consequence forasmuch as I have been much lackadaisical in perambulating my presently rather ponderous bottom to the Training Center aka the gym, and though my perception of my reflection being inflatingly distorted could well have been an illusion played on the mind by the plaguing fear that women find themselves often afflicted by, that such is not my attendant reason is supported by my steadily mounting BMI from what would be considered the lighter end of the healthy range to an unprecendently generous depth that I personally loathe.

See, this is my problem. I cannot be honest and say I have become fat. I need t o drag my lazy ass to the gym. Ah! I said it. In moments of such earnest lucidity, I want to catch myself and staple the truth down, like a legal binding document, unwavering, sometimes unpleasant but somewhat objective. Such is the weakness due to which I write. To keep an honest account of what transpires, so I may, in future revisit the time-untouched version and have reasonable expectations of life.

While such a pursuit may be fine in the present, I find my prevarication, my supple bending of reality extremely useful, a survival skill if you will, a release from unwanted phenomena. This is for instance, my substitute for forgiveness. Ah! The brilliance of a blog- narcissistic rambling. Here blogdom, here I come.

This is not purely a weight loss blog, or an exercise log, or a cook book or a review column- though in time I want to be all that. It is more a pursuit of happiness through exposition and sometimes expounding of my prevaricative philosophy.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Neeraj,

    Finally, I see you embark on the land of blog-giri! Whether this was necessitated by certain physical (or mental) transformations or it was propelled by what some might call an inner calling, I would simply say, damn the reasons, and get the words out there! It's been a while since I have read an essay you wrote; after all, this new muse might be the beginning of a new relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is as dead as mine!
    looks like the day has besieged us

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said it synapse. I guess blog was never my thing. As never was regularity or discipline.

    ReplyDelete